[PD] Gem on :0.1

Miha Tomšič miha.tomsic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:47:20 CEST 2009

Hello!

I would like to open Gem window on second screen (:0.1). I am using
nvidia proprietary on fedora 11 and it works fine on first screen
(:0.0).

When issuing [create :0.1( to [gemwin] Gem gives me the following error:

GEM: creating gem-window on display :0.1
error: GEM: fullscreen not available on remote display
error: GEM-Xwin: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

error: GEM: Could not create rendering context
error: GEM-Xwin: GLXBadContext

error: GEM: Unable to create window
error: [gemwin]: no window made

glxinfo for both screens says:

-------------
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
display: :0  screen: 1
direct rendering: Yes

There might be a problem with second screen because KDE 4.2 is not
running any window manager on second screen in separate X display.
Is that the problem? Does anybody know how to run manager on both screens?

Thanks in advance, Miha