[PD] pd 0.43 branch with the new GUI code

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 26 09:35:26 CEST 2009

Hallo,
> A complete rewrite of Pd's GUI is starting to be usable.  Miller has

thanks for your hard work so far. Here are some observations from quickly
running it for couple of minutes on Linux with blackbox window manager.

- no scrollbars in help-intro.pd. Actually nothing seems to have scrollbars.
- cannot make windows smaller than 310 px wide (height 0 is possible, though)
- rightclick->Put: When clicking on an object, I generally want either help or
  properties, not "Put". Maybe use "Put" only for background canvas clicks? At
  least move I'd move it further down in the menu
- The "categories" like "midi, network", "storage" seem arbitrary (like all
  categories do). Maybe use the categories of help-intro?
- when running from "./bin" rsp. "./src" now, no helpfiles are found ("about"
  is empty, too). It was very nice that Pd so far was able to be run from there
  without installation.

Ciao
--
Frank