[PD] naming pd gui plugin scripts

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 26 17:37:42 CEST 2009

So one of the features of the new GUI is that it will load little GUI
plugins in the form of Tcl scripts.  The additions to the canvas
Properties/Open/Help popup menu are both scripts like this.  You can
see them in the 'pd/startup' folder.

One thing that we haven't been able to do is come up with a good name
for them.  Right now, they are called 'startup' scripts.  Any one want
to suggest anything?

And of course, try writing your own scripts for the GUI.  Federico
wrote the big class browser script and thru the process of working
with him, we were able to streamline the process quite a bit.  So if
people try it now, then its still easy to change the code to make
things easier/better.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs