[PD] call for translations for new Pd GUI

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 26 23:12:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, brandt at subnet.at wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is off topic, but as you all talk about the gui I
> would like to post a wish. would it be possible to get at least the
> transparent numberbox back? This was really practical to compare
> results, if you lay one above the other.

Can you actually read those characters?...

I'd have thought that someone would instead make an abstraction that would
make it more obvious to the eye, e.g. show both numberboxes at once
separately (e.g. side to side), and also show a square that goes red only
when there's a difference between the two numbers.

It could even do it with a threshold, e.g. go red only when the difference
is bigger than 0.5, or only when it's bigger than 1% of the two values,
etc. It's a lot more versatile than relying on overprinting, imho.