[PD] naming pd gui plugin scripts

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Aug 27 00:15:07 CEST 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> And of course, try writing your own scripts for the GUI.
>
> And because there is no well-defined interface for it, those scripts
> will quickly depend on any internal function that you don't want
> people to use.
>
> It gets worse with the whole circuit-bending mentality (especially
> with a side-order of post-marxist situationist rage-against-the-
> toaster theory).

Personally, I want everyone to use whatever they want to.  We are all
grown adults and the source is all there. What I do want to do is make
it easy to do and easy to distribute.

But until there is a real API for this kind of thing, then changes in
the GUI could break the plugin.  Since you can do a lot with 10-20
lines of code, I don't think that such breakage is a big deal.

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!