[PD] openpanel window popup behaviour

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Aug 27 05:34:55 CEST 2009

Hey glerm,

I don't think there is an easy way to fix it thru sys_gui or something
like that.  Try the Pd-extended 0.42.5 build and report back if it
solves your problem.  Then we'll know whether the problem has been
solved for the next release. Then it'll be easy for newbies :)

.hc

On Aug 26, 2009, at 9:12 PM, glerm soares wrote:

> I was not looking for a solution like modifing my pd.tk because in
> my particular case i am just using gnome with compiz and solved the
> issue.
>
> My question was how to assure that when sharing a patch with other
> newbies using gnome, our patch will open the patch with the window
> popping in front of all windows... without ask the newbie to modify
> pd.tk variables...
>
> Would this be possible sending a command to the śys_gui object or
> tot or some object that can modify tcl-tk like that?
>  (assuming they are using something like pd-extended >=0.40)
>
> BTW, at pd 0.42.5 do you mean "wm group $name ." at proc
> pdtk_canvas_new ?
>
> I am not sure I could follow all your ideas about that, sorry my
> limited knowledge about this..
>

> abraço
> glerm

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic