[PD] call for translations for new Pd GUI

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:39:57 CEST 2009

2009/8/28 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>

> On Aug 27, 2009, at 7:33 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> i've attached an updated hu.po file.
> Translating brought up some questions for me btw:
> - What is 'use callbacks'? sorry i dont have an idea could someone explain
> please?
>

> That's for interfacing with the audio API, use callbacks instead of
> polling. Its a pretty low level technical thing.

Huh. ;o)

> - Another one i'm not sure i understand: 'ERROR: %s failed to find font
> size (%s) that fits into %sx%s!'
>
> The object/message boxes have a fixed size.  This code measures the font to
> fit into the existing box sizes.  If it can't find one, then it gives this
> error.  It should really be a warning, since things will still work ok.
>  Basically it would read like this:
>
> ERROR: FreeMono failed to find font size (12) that fits into 7x15
> Freemono is the font name
> 12 is pd's font size
> 7x15 is size of a character box in pixels.

Alrite, i understand the scenario, but i don't fully understand the quoted
sentence. Perhaps i also don't understand how the code works. First do we
wish to imply for any reason that the *font is the one* who tried to find a
font size? Then what is actually finding a font size? I understand that we
have a given font but then we measure what and try to find what?
Please, i'm still in the maze ;o)

> - what's the ultimate rationale behind having both Number and Number2 in
> the menu...?
>

> Number is the simple one, Number2 has more config options and is part of
> the IEM GUI collection.

So for me to understand, we have them both because we don't have Number2 by
default with Vanilla, did i understand right?

> Please submit it to the patch tracker so we can keep track of what need
> doing :)

I will :)

--
Muranyi Andras