[PD] frequency

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:07:32 CEST 2009

if you do a fft and look at the array with the results, you will have
the DC at arrayposition 0 and a frequency of SR/WS (samplingrate divided
by window size) at position 1.
with your settings this would be around 86Hz. the other elements of the
array hold multiples of 86Hz.
on pos2 2*86, on pos3 3*86...
on pos128 you should get the Nyquist frequency (sample rate/2=11025)
which is the highest frequency you can analyze. the rest of the array
are mirror frequencies, that you don't need for analysis.
if you want to get the array position for 5000Hz
you do 5000/86... so you should feed the number 58 into your tabread.

bear in mind that the fft will use the first 129(!) pins of the 256
array (position 0-128) to put frequency values. that is, because the DC
and the nyquist frequency don't have(/need) a phase information. at
least that's the theory...

marius.