[PD] configuring rme multiface on jaunty

Yu Lao noise.now at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:29:11 CEST 2009

I found that the driver is part of the standard ALSA installation. Did you
check if the card is present? In a terminal window, type

cat /proc/asound/cards

If the card is there, the next command would initialize the card

dmesg | grep -i hdsp

On the multiface, does the red control light stop blinking? If it does, it
means the firmware etc is present and the box is - basically - working.

I noticed that the mixer by default mutes the output, I solve that by just
opening the mixer and close it again. The mixer is an application that I
found as well already installed. I do not know about particularities of
Ubuntu, I switched recently from Fodora to AVLinux (Debian based) and I'm
more than happy.
Another difference, I swapped to a new machine and bought the pci express
card - but I wouldn't think that it makes a difference compared with the
older pcmcia bus.

I hope this helps
Jurgen