[PD] higher math

Hans Roels hans.roels at base.be
Tue Sep 8 11:29:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

I noticed some strange behaviour of some higher math objects in Pd
vanilla (0.42-4):
'log~' has a right inlet and according to the help file a 'optional
creation argument initializes right inlet (the base of the
logarithm)' but this doesn't work. If I create a 'log~ 10' object it
still computes the logarithm base e; after I send a number 10 to its
right inlet, it does. The same for 'pow~', the initialisation
argument doesn't work.
the 'exp~' help file talks about a right inlet but there is no right
inlet (I guess this is a wrong help file...).
The non-audio object 'log' doesn't have a right inlet, so changing
the base is impossible?

hans r