[PD] [PD-announce] gem 0.92.0

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 9 16:07:54 CEST 2009

after a year of silence and hard labour, i decided to take advantage of
the nice date today and finally made a new release of Gem: 0.92

binaries available for w32 (installer), OS-X (universal) and the brave
(source code)

grab it while it's hot: http://gem.iem.at/releases/0.92.0

alternatively you can get the files from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem

highlights

  GLSL shaders
    support geometry shaders: cool effects are waiting out there...

  Geos
    models use their stored UV-texture coordinates: finally you can
build your textured models in your favourite modeller and fully use them
in Gem

    trapezoid object with correctly distorted textures

  video capturing
    on linux we now have native support for V4L2 devices (including your
eee's webcam, the PS3-camera and whatever hot devices are on the market...)

  film/movie reading
    on linux we now use Gmerlin/avdecoder support which allows you to
read more movie formats and faster than ever (from FLVs to HDV)

  video effects
    FreeFrame effects can now be initialized directly as (e.g.)
[pix_GlowVFX] (for the GlowVFX effect)

  pix storage
    pix_writer is a new object for writing images to your harddisk

  openGL
    more openGL wrapper objects

    you can now use symbolic constants with many openGL wrapper objects,
which makes patching much more fun

  and more....
    like always i keep forgetting the best parts...

bugfixes
  like always we have removed (and introduced) numerous bugs, so all in
all GEM should now run more stable for an incomplete list of fixed bug
see the bug-tracker at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem":http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem

mfga,dsra
IOhannes