[PD] future of the "Text Editor"

dmotd dmotd at gmx.net
Thu Sep 10 05:09:50 CEST 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Now that cut/copy/paste works in all object boxes, comments, etc. on all
> platforms, is there any reason to keep the "Text Editor"?

data-structures + clarity of editing.

i'm not sure if viewing the struct in DS launches
the same 'Text Editor', but it is quite useful for
editing/debuging values.

as for clarity, if i am wanting to review a large
block of text, ie. a message box with a number of
initiation settings. then i find it better to do
so in its own window. i think as matju pointed out
there are a number of extra bindings that make
text editing a little easier, and perhaps these
could be expanded - such as a import / export text
button? i guess what you're suggesting is that if
i want these features, i'm better off using my
favourite text editor and hitting the cut button?

i'm not strictly opposed to removing it, but i
have been known to use this feature in the past.

cheers,
dmotd