[PD] [PD-ot] RSS feeds from puredata.info

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 10 10:31:16 CEST 2009

Jack wrote:

>> i'll investigate a little bit.
> Thanx a lot for your efforts.
> If you want i test something, tell me.

ok, here is a status update.
i swallowed the pill and setup an RSS-proxy at feedburner.
the news feed is now available as http://feeds.feedburner.com/puredata/cJQO

while feedburner displayed the news just fine, again they didn't fully
show up in the drupal-instance.
BUT:
one item did show up, and this is my announcement of Gem's release
yesterday.
i "touched" some of the most recent news at puredata.info, and out of a
sudden they appeared in drupal.
and they appeared regardless of whether i suck them from feedburner or
directly from puredata.info

my guess is, that feeds works correctly, but drupal uses some timeout
mechanism in order to discard old items.
since the news feed on puredata is not very heavily used, most items are
already too old to be included in the drupal aggregator.

mfgasdr
IOhannes