[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite test builds

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 21:59:02 CEST 2009

> > * clicking the "Text Editor" gives the following
> error:
> > invalid command name "menu_texteditor"
> > invalid command name "menu_texteditor"
> >    while executing
> > "menu_texteditor $::focused_window"
> >    (menu invoke)
>
> not implemented and perhaps unneeded

Oh, that reminds me: one thing "Text Editor" does that normal
obj and msg boxes don't is start a new line after a carriage return.
In a msg box you hit <enter>, then you have to wait until you type
another character to see you're on a new line.  If the "Text
Editor" is going away, that aspect of msg boxes should be
fixed.

I think this is unrelated to the fact that carriage returns aren't
saved with the patch; if you're entering lots of messages followed by
semicolons, you still need to hit <enter> to get to the next line, and
that's where the quirky behavior comes in.

-Jonathan