[PD] Pd on Maemo driven devices?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Sep 12 04:02:41 CEST 2009

You can already use Pd-anywhere (PDa) on the N770 and N800.  I have an
N810, so if the existing build doesn't work, I could get it working at
some point.  I think getting Pd or PDa running on the N900 should be
easy, like just compiling it for that CPU.  I think the N900 has a ARM
Cortex A8 which has a floating point unit, so plain old Pd should work
fine.

What I'd like to see is Pd on Android, but I think that could be a
little bit tricky to get into a form that is easily distributable
without rooting the phone.  The G1 already runs Debian, so you could
just install the 'puredata' package once you have Debian on your G1.

.hc