[PD] selector~ equivalent for pd ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 14 11:31:18 CEST 2009

Loic Kessous wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't found an equivalent to max external "selector~" , I made this
> ugly abstraction for 3 inputs but I wonder if there is something more
> standard and that can accept argument to set the number of inputs.
>
> is there one?
>
> I used 'mixer~' which is ggee to do it, so there maybe some way to do
> this with some scripting... or just by making a new external by code...
>
> let me know, so I may think about making one if necessary.

hmm, i still don't know what [selector~] is supposed to do.
i guess it is something like zexy's [demux~] (forwarding a selected
inlet~ to the outlet~)

the problem with scripting is, that you cannot dynamically create iolets
(at least not in a way that you can re-use them); you need an external
for these kind of things (unless miller finally includes [initbang] :-))

mfgasd.r
IOhannes