[PD] Help with patch needed: keyname/route + textfile/gem

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Tue Sep 15 16:29:36 CEST 2009

Quoth Jack, on 14/09/09 19:25:
> Or, this patch can help you (actually, i don't know what you are looking
> for ;)
> ++
>
> Jack
Thanks for those patches Jack. I don't know much about gem but I'm learning!
I'm working with a text file of 6000+ words and what I really want is to
have the first 10 lines or so displayed in a gem window (fullscreen
eventually) which then scrolls down when certain keys are pressed.
The commas are fixed thanks to your patch, however I now have the
following problems:

1) Apostrophes are not printed properly in the gem window
2) I've switched to the laptop for running this patch and the gem window
is really buggy. it has no border and when the window is destroyed it
leaves black patches behind. Is this a problem with gem or xorg / xserver?