[PD] sc3~ for PD

josepadovani josepadovani at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 17 18:54:03 CEST 2009

You can send OSC messages to scynth from pd... you can do something like
sc3~ with [textfile] (to type things as you described), [popen]/[shell]
(to launch scynth) and OSC server commands
(http://supercollider.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/supercollider/trunk/build/Help/ServerArchitecture/Server-Command-Reference.html)

So it is possible to use PD to send SynthDefs to the server, instantiate
Synths, etc...
You can route the signals by using jack... to that you will need
specific audio buses in SC to be your "inlets" and "outlets"

but... probably is just easier to do everything in SC.. :)

cheers

http://zepadovani.info