[PD] Array Enhancements

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 19 22:44:13 CEST 2009

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Do you mean a struct having *arrays* x, y, and z like:
> [struct foo array x x-element array y y-element array z z-element]
> ?

No, sorry, just [struct foo float x float y float z] used as the template
of an array. I thought that we were talking about that...

> Then [tabwrite~ foo] writes to all arrays in foo, and [tabwrite~ bar]
> writes to array y of foo if you use [virtualarray foo bar y].  Do I have
> it right, or am I completely misunderstanding?

I mean that with the struct foo above, and an array named foo using struct
foo as its template, you could make a virtual array named bar, which would
be an actual subpart of the array foo, using a different template, which
would have to be some kind of substruct of the original template.

>> I know this is probably flawed for I know not the inner technical
>> workings of Pd, or for its purposes, there are other more suitable
>> methods for gui interaction, but is any of this possible? cheers
> I don't believe I wrote this.

why do you say that?