[PD] Question about object categorizing

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Sat Sep 26 01:55:48 CEST 2009

Hi Mathieu,

>> Hi all,
>> A quick question regarding,
>> pd/doc/5.reference/intro-help.pd
>> I was wondering why [print~] and [samphold~] are under "AUDIO FILTERS".
>> Are they meant to belong there?
>
> They are meant to remind everybody that categories don't necessarily
> make any sense.
>
> I'd also ask what's the logic in not putting all the AUDIO FILTERS
> object classes in the AUDIO MATH section, and/or in not putting all the
> AUDIO MATH classes in the AUDIO FILTERS section. But I don't expect an
> answer at all.

Haha, cool.

May I take it that there really is no relevancy (as far as you are aware)?

Actually this is question arose while proof reading instruction manuals
written by a member of our local user group.

As there is a chance of it being widely circulated, I guess he may have
to issue it based on pd-help "as is", and refer to Mathieu's comment if
anyone asks the same, although if it was never brought up here, chances
of it being asked again may be slim.

--
David Shimamoto