[PD] An infinite number of acid + breakbeat loops + wii

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Sep 28 11:40:31 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 05:20:21PM +0200, Christian Fischer wrote:
> this is a nice patch! Had a lot of fun with it over the weekend.

Glad you had fun!

> Now I  would like to connect your patch to a Wii controller and try how
> it works...
>
> There should be a wiimidi object or something like, that.
> How is the libary called? Where to download?
>
> Im not that deep into PD yet, so maybe someone can help me out?

I think there are Wii-OSC libraries of various kinds. Not sure about wii midi,
although Googling the words "wii midi" the top two hits are solutions for mac
and then windows, so if you are running one of those operating systems it
should not be too hard.

Once you have that working you can make an object in Pd like [ctlin] (right
click it to get help) and connect it up to the number boxes in the patch, which
are conveniently ranged from 0 to 127. It's a huge step sideways for acid and
breakbeats.

Chris.