[PD] how to cite the Pure Data in a research paper

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Sep 28 19:17:46 CEST 2009

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
>
>> You can have a look at this thread for example:
>> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-01/059095.html
>
> Ah, so is this about which spellings of Pd are the most orthodox?
>
> There's a reason why I spread the spelling "PureData" all over the place.
> The double uppercase makes it readable as two words, but the lack of
> space makes it look like one distinctive word and not like a common
> adjective followed by a very common name.

Names are not something you can argue about or that you can "improve". Pd's
author called it "Pure Data" and "Pd", so in a scientific paper I would always
use these two names/spellings and I'd consider everything else a research
negligence by the paper's author. In casual communication like here of course
there is more freedom possible.

Ciao
--
Frank