[PD] Redesigning Sound

Andy Wilson andy at lshift.net
Thu Oct 1 16:33:26 CEST 2009

a request for pointers to useful docs/software/sites:

I'm a new user of pd, and have spent the last week getting to grips with
the basics: everything's working nicely so far. I'm not a sound engineer
or mathematician, but am not finding it hard to get around the basics.

My main interest is in using pd alongside a Lemur controller to do live
processing of audio - ie. no samples, no synthesisers, just processing
whatever turns up on the line-in.

Is there any useful documentation, or good sites, etc., that would help
me along my way? I have a copy of Andy Farnell's excellent 'Designing
Sound' but it doesn't go into the territory that interests me most.

I have a couple of books by Curtis Rhodes but haven't read them yet -
they look a bit heavy to me ;-) I'd prefer a more practical approach,
like 'Designing Sound' but with a different focus.

I'm interested in:

1. documentation relating to live processing generally (general approaches)
2. documentation about specific processing techniques
3. examples of processors in pd that I can study and use

can anyone help?

thanks

--
  [][][] Andy Wilson        | mob: +44 (0)7739 908 253
    [][] Managing Director  | tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060