[PD] CW_binaural~

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 20:46:24 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to implement a binaural mixer versus an ambisonic-to-binaural
decoder, for a comparison of their performance. For the binaural mixer I'm
trying to use the CW_binaural~ object by David Doukhan (which I spotted on
the list), since the earplug~ object uses MIT Kemar's hrtfs which don't
perform well with elevation (for me) while IRCAM's HRTF database is based on
real listener's with more realistic results.

I can't quite manage to get CW_binaural to work, I've got th VC++ installed
and the object seems to load fine however it doesn't detect the HRTF_PATH
environmental variable for the HRTF directory. Have other people experienced
the same problem? Also I would like to ask (David?) if there is a chance of
a linux version of the plugin?

Cheers,
Archontis Politis