[PD] CW_binaural~

Arxontis Politis deadflagblue at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 03:13:04 CEST 2009

Hi Doukhan,

Sorry it seems like I was a bit hasty! After a Pd restart it picked up the
environmental variable and I'm ready to play with it.. However a linux
version would be sweet, no rush though - a clean package would be fine
anytime..

On a different note (slightly off-topic), as I said initially I'm working
with an ambisonic-to-binaural encoding approach, which basically adds a
weighted static set of HRIRs (depending on the ambisonic decoder part)
resulting in 4 impulse responses which are always the same for any kind of
rotation, panning etc. Doing this with the Kemar set I get quit a good
performance on the horizontal plane but quit confused elevation cues. Same
thing with the LISTEN set gives better elevation (more individualised) but
the result sounds quit filtered compared to the original sound. I was
wondering if it has to do with the set itself or it's something relevant to
the addition of HRIRs. Have you experienced anything similar?

Best regards,
Archontis