[PD] English-speaking German piano

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Tue Oct 6 10:51:55 CEST 2009

Yes, it is Winfried Ritsch's "Automatenklavier", using custom built
electronics (PIC microcontrollers via multiple serial links from a
computer, more info: https://algo.mur.at/data/projekte/algopic/

Voice analysis was done at IEM in Pd by Thomas Musil and Winfried Ritsch.

The piano (there exist two versions) are also used in installations like:
http://ablinger.mur.at/docu11.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ucja4-w1Y

Good samples of the voice analysis can be found in Ablinger's pieces
"Voice and Piano": http://ablinger.mur.at/voices_and_piano.html

And here another piece which uses the pianos(via Pd), two movies (via
Gem), audio playback and two ensembles playing the "Cityopera" Graz:
http://ablinger.mur.at/docu15engl_act7.html
including video and audio examples. This was done by Ablinger with IEM
Graz and Musil/Plessas/Ritsch/Zmölnig.

regards,
Peter