[PD] [PD-announce] 5th year - Composing with Pure Data ws in Sound in New Media curriculum

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 13:01:59 CEST 2009

Hey Koray,

It's been a brilliant year at SAE Institute too. Looking
through the assignments from my last intake of audio engineering
students makes me well proud and optimistic. They have
been using Pure Data for all sorts of stuff, from compositions
to audio games, effects processing plugins and custom DAW
applications.

I've made a syllabus for Sound Design at masters level which may
get used at a couple of universities, and it uses Pd extensively.
Also been mentoring a growing number of research students using it
for PhD or post doc work, so it's become such an important tool - I
hope the community and Miller remain aware of the wonderful things Pd
has enabled.

a.