[PD] [PD-announce] some works done with pd

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Oct 6 17:16:01 CEST 2009

hello,

for those who are interested, here is some work i done with pd for since last year :

1 dance projet where pd/Gem is use to draw and distort a circle on stage. The movement of the circle is correlated to the moment of the dancer :
http://www.chnry.net/ch/?Journal-de-Corps&lang=en

an other dance projet, where pd is used to control all lighting during the performance :
http://www.chnry.net/ch/?La-chaire-du-monde&lang=en

1 interactive installation :
http://www.chnry.net/ch/?Potential-Flag&lang=en
from a technical point of view, this installation work with a big physical model computed thanks to the Graphical Processor Unit. This allow to be about 100 time faster than on a CPU (tested with my current laptop).
Don't ask for the patch, it is already included in Gem examples, but you need a computer with recent graphic card...

I also did a realistic fluid simulation for this project :
http://www.chnry.net/ch/?Pixels-Liquides&lang=en
the project is older, but it now use a real Navier Stock solver thanks to the GPU and shaders. I hope to have videos soon....

some work i made earlier with pd where also part of 2 exhibitions :
http://www.chnry.net/ch/?Quinzaine-Photographique-Nantaise&lang=en
http://www.chnry.net/ch/?Ars-Longa&lang=en
for the latter, i made an interactive installation (see video).

see you next year for the project i'm currently working on.
;-)

Cyrille