[PD] List Message Queueing? ( Note on/off messages into vst~ )

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 6 18:12:28 CEST 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, saint wrote:

> i just thought of the textfile idea a while after i posted. i use one
> textfile that when it's caught up with it's queue it deletes it's
> contents and starts over. do you think there could be a memory leak in
> this patch??? i use it with a 2ms interval value...

ah, I didn't think about your particular application, so the double-queue
trick was just in case the way you use the container causes it to never
catch up.

(when i say "leak" i mean just a practical leak, no matter how it happens:
thus even though you can see and control the dead data in a normal way
from pd, as long as the memory gets increasingly wasted and nothing is
done to clean it up, it's still a leak to me, though leak-detectors
wouldn't find that because they only look for "unrecoverable" leaks. in
pd, those may only happen because of bugs in externals.)