[PD] multi-pc synchrony

Brian FG Katz brian.katz at limsi.fr
Thu Oct 8 12:27:23 CEST 2009

Dear PD-ers,

We are working on an installation with 4 machines running PD to feed 157
loudspeakers. We are interested in reducing latency to a minimum between
channels, and especially between machines. The inter-channel latency in less
than a sample, so all is fine there. For inter-machine latency, we arrive at
differences on the order of 10msec, close to our minimum audio-buffer length
of 11msec. Any small audio-buffer and we get audio artifacts.

We are using a word clock synchronizer (Nanosyncs HD; Rosendahl), but I
don't think that does latency synchronization.

My question, is there another means to improve inter-machine latency
performance other than reducing the audio-buffer?

-Brian
---
Brian FG Katz, Ph.D
Audio & Acoustique