[PD] setting directory of root canvases

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at mh-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 9 08:48:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

 Is it possible to set the path of a root canvas (something like
canvas_setdir())? Or alternatively, is it possible to set the path any
new root canvas will get before it is generated? It seems this path
initially is set to the path pd was started in.

The code generates an object by calling new_anything() without prior
calling of canvas_setcurrent(). That seems to allocate a new root
canvas with the object inside. I would like to set the path of that
canvas. I know that using canvas_setcurrent() before generating the
object will make it inheriting the path from the enclosing canvas, but
the object I'm generating has to reside in a new root canvas.

2. is there a function to retrieve the canvas of an object through
the objact's handle?

--
Orm