[PD] "pack" object resolution issue

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:56:47 CEST 2009

Hello there,

    something strange happens to me when routing ctlin signals thru a pack object and then unpacking the result afterwards: my midi values seem less precise. I noticed it when using extreme values (either 0 or 127): it gets me somewhere between 0 and 18 or between 118 and 127. As a consequence, similar midi fader positions give me slightly different values, which is annoying (ctlin's direct output works fine and always gives me the same results). Has someone else been thru this before? Thank you!

D.S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/