[PD] "computer music" WAS: Re: Pd at a livecoding event on the BBC

Fred Smith fxsmith at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 00:33:39 CEST 2009

I am not qualified to comment on this discussion, but I still will. Years
ago I read the Ostertag article (saw him in Berkeley in '95 at Bean Benders
and he was amazing), and this line stuck out:
"Of all the ways that computers have been applied to music, sampling has had
the most radical impact."

That statement has had significant impact on my thinking on approaching
music and computers. I'm not defending the article.

Just sayin'....