[PD] Indexed array selection

Fred Smith fxsmith at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 00:45:07 CEST 2009

Hello Folks -

I know there must be an easy way to do this, but I'm having terrible trouble
figuring it out.

Is there an easy way to use a integer input to send a message out of an
array of messages?

Ideally, it would look like this:

[bang]

[2]

[newcommand apple beats carrots cheeseburger]

[print]

and the output would be "carrots" (given 0 based indexing). Does this
command already exist?

(Oh, and I'm pushing this into a GEM text object, so the screen would say
"carrots" in some way).

I apologize if this is obvious, my head might be fatigued. select and route
take a value but split it into a bunch of different directions. I want to go
the other way....

Thanks for the time if anyone has a suggestion!!!