[PD] Free/open mobile platform for Pd?

Otto Maddox ottomaddox at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 12 17:13:53 CEST 2009

Recently I looked at RjDj and was well impressed. Now I want to get a
mobile device on which to run Pd to do similar things. An iPhone is out
of the question because it's such a closed and locked up platform. I
started looking around at other devices, but that was a bit
overwhelming.

Maybe it's just because I'm new to the world of mobile computing and
have missed something, but I couldn't find a single mobile
hardware/software platform which is properly Free/open from top to
bottom (i.e., friendly to people who don't mind getting their hands
dirty), actively maintained, doesn't require me to screw myself over by
taking on a contract which I can't afford (internet tablet would be
ideal), and runs Pd. Is PDa still being developed?

Am I asking for too much? Or is what I want already out there?