[PD] Free/open mobile platform for Pd?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 12 19:13:10 CEST 2009

Just getting Pd on the Android phone would be easy, especially if you
have rooted it.  Basically, Pd-vanilla should build and run fine on
Android with some minor tweaks for Android-specific macros.  The only
tricky part is that Pd can't use Android's ALSA, it must use the Java
audio API via JNI.  So that would take custom code.

Once its built and has the C->Java JNI audio interface, then it
shouldn't be hard to package it up and distribute it as a regular
Android app.

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdForAndroid

.hc