[PD] Free/open mobile platform for Pd?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 12 21:42:07 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 3:19 PM, martin brinkmann wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>>> as far as i have heard, rjdj is currently ported to android.
>>
>> But not released, and likely not free.
>
> probably "free as in beer" only, but i hope it does not take too
> long until it is released.

AFAIK, they wanted to keep the core rjdj app a free download, but
Apple doesn't allow you to sell media for apps that are free (rjdj
sells "albums" of pd patches).  So now rjdj is only free as in beer if
you have a jailbroken phone.

.hc

>> What's non-free about Maemo?  I use a Maemo device daily and as far
>> as I
>> can tell its as free as Ubuntu (there might be some binary blobs, but
>> there might not).
>
> i meant the non-free binaries, and i am not sure how the
> telephon-functionality is integrated in the new maemo version.

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne