[PD] dynamically settable many-to-many cordless audio routing

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 22:41:30 CEST 2009

2009/10/12  <zmoelnig at iem.at>:
> Quoting "Jamie Bullock" <jamie at postlude.co.uk>:
>
>> but then I can't easily script 'disconnect'.
>
> why not?

Yo, I had a similar complete unawareness of the [disconnect( message
long ago when I was designing a bunch of dynamic audio routing stuff
that caused me to architect things far less elegantly than necessary :
).

I tried to think of why this is so, and I think it's because it
doesn't really get covered in the "pd-msg" tutorial that remains, I
believe, the primary documentation on the matter (though it is listed
in the reference 0.all_msg.pd so I can't excuse myself too strongly).

I'm thinking I'll add a 7.disconnect.pd entry covering it to make sure
it is burned in early?

That also made me notice that the 3.Networking/ OSC tutorials all
suggest using OSCx, perhaps explaining the recurring inquiries about
the usage of OSCx on the list.  Anyone mind if I switch them out in
there to use Mr. Peach's stuff?

Best
Luke