[PD] gp2xPd install issues

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Oct 13 19:35:17 CEST 2009

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 09:19:49AM -0700, Matthew Logan wrote:
>  I sent this already as a reply to the Open Mobile Platform discussion, but
> I think it got overlooked as OT....
>
> Has anyone had any issues with installing gp2xPd?  I can't get this thing to
> work.
>
> I'm on Firmware 3.0.0, on the F100(B).  I put the python folder from the
> pygame package on my sd root per the instructions on Chris McCormick's
> site.  I put the gp2xPd folder in my sd/games folder and try to open the
> bigtest.gpe.  I get a black screen for a few seconds then a white screen
> that lasts until I move the joystick, at which point it kicks me back to the
> GP2X menu.
>
> I'd really like to get this thing to work, but have run out of ideas.
> Please help me out!

Just a quick note to say that since my gp2x got stolen at a gig, I haven't
maintained that port. Sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the pygame
port though. Do other pygame programs work? Is it compatible with the latest
versions of SDL that ships with gp2x?

I might be able to help you debug it remotely.

Note: gp2xPd is 99.999% PDa, and hence almost entirely the work of Gunter
Geiger. My only contribution is the simple pygame based GUI.

Chris.