[PD] [GEM] OS X How to compile against SDK 10.5 in os x 10.6

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:51:49 CEST 2009

Hi, I started a new thread as I believe people will start getting this
problem soon. The previous thread was: gem compiling error

I am trying to compile GEM from source in a macbook pro using osx 10.6
and pd-0.42-5, latest Gem (0.92-1) from cvs and xcode 3.21.

Chris Clepper suggested to compile against sdk 10.5. sdk 10.5
installed, but can't figure out how to make it the target.

some programs have a flag like --with-macos=/.../sdk10.5, but can't
find any reference in the ./configure -h

other sites suggest to modify the makefile, but no luck yet.

I also tried: make --include-dir=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/

can anyone suggest how to do this?

best,

Jaime E Oliver LR

joliverl at ucsd.edu