[PD] gp2xPd install issues

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Oct 15 13:00:14 CEST 2009

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:56:48AM -0700, Matthew Logan wrote:
> I'm using the bigtest.gpe patch that came in your distribution, which
> has both toggles and number boxes.

Ok, no problem.

> Both the pygame testgame and the bigtest.gpe crash with any controls
> touched.

I had a look at the built in pygame tests. testpygame01.py automatically exits
after 5 seconds. Maybe verify that it's definitely the joystick which is making
it quit and it's not just quitting after 5 second. testpygame02.py quits on an
'EXIT' event, and I am not sure what triggers that on the gp2x, but I doubt it
is the joystick. So basically I think we're looking at a pygame issue.

One thing you might like to try is SSHing into your gp2x and running the .gpe
files from the command line. This will enable you to see any errors output by
the code. If you paste them here it will help me diagnose the problem.

Servus,

Chris.