[PD] turn abstractions into subpatches

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 15 18:27:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, info at timvets.net wrote:

> just an idea: This would be a feature I would like: Turn all
> abstractions used in a patch into subpatches, replacing the "$1's" in
> objects inside by the actual assigned numbers or arguments. That way you
> could more esily distribute a patch as one file.

It doesn't work with objects that use t_canvasenvironment, such as
GridFlow's [args], but also, [canvasargs] and other similar things...
whenever an abstraction looks up its own dir or search path.

the exact quote, from the g_canvas.c definition:

struct _canvasenvironment {
     t_symbol *ce_dir;      /* directory patch lives in */
     int ce_argc;           /* number of "$" arguments */
     t_atom *ce_argv;       /* array of "$" arguments */
     int ce_dollarzero;     /* value of "$0" */
     t_namelist *ce_path;   /* search path */
};