[PD] turn abstractions into subpatches

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 20:34:26 CEST 2009

--- On Thu, 10/15/09, info at timvets.net <info at timvets.net> wrote:

> From: info at timvets.net <info at timvets.net>
> Subject: [PD] turn abstractions into subpatches
> To: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 4:52 PM
> hi all,
>
> just an idea:
> This would be a feature I would like:
> Turn all abstractions used in a patch into subpatches,
> replacing the
> "$1's" in objects inside by the actual assigned numbers or
> arguments.
> That way you could more esily distribute a patch as one
> file.
>
> Tim

I think it would be much more useful to have the [pdddefine] functionality
that Luke Iannini proposed back in 2006. (Just search the list for
pddefine to see his proposal.) One of the reasons I like this idea is
because one could immediately use "one-off" abstractions in a new patch
without having to save anything.

The "bundle" file type discussed in the same thread would also be very useful.

-Jonathan