[PD] Installing Cubemixer problem.

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 16 13:46:55 CEST 2009

hi

Konstantinos Benardis wrote:
> First of all sorry for double posting but i did not receive my own posting.

you can configure how mailman will send postings to you via the
web-interface. a link to this interface is attached to each and every
mail you get from the list.

> I tried to compile with the other method by doing make in /src/libs and
> pointing to the /src of my local installation of vanilla and i get this
> error:
>
> make -C aconnect INLCUDES="-I/home/kostis/CUBEmixer/src/libs/../pd/src"
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kostis/CUBEmixer/src/libs/aconnect'
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mms-bitfields"
> gcc -DHAVE_ALSA  -DACONNECT_VERSION=\"0.4\" -I.    -fPIC -g -O2
> -mms-bitfields    -c -o aconnect.o aconnect.c
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mms-bitfields"
> make[1]: *** [aconnect.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kostis/CUBEmixer/src/libs/aconnect'
> make: *** [aconnect-build] Error 2
>
> I have Fedora installed on a mac ppc system. Does anyone have any idea on
> how to solve these problems?

oh its ppc....

i guess you have to manually remove the "-mms-bitfields" from all of the
makefiles that fail to build with that flag.

while i have written the build-system for CUBEmixer, i currently cannot
recall whether it calls autoconf for the various libraries.
in theory aconnect's autoconf should check whether the compiler accepts
"-mms-bitfield", and only use it if it does.

could you check whether configure has been called and what it said about
"-mms-bitfield".

> Thank you in advance

hope this helps a bit.

fgdaskdr