[PD] latency issue

Justin Glenn Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 02:47:49 CEST 2009

Bjørn Nielsen wrote:
> Fast Track Pro soundcards. (I must also add that I have no latency in
> any other music software I use: pro tools, digital performer,
> audacity, garageband etc.)
I find this very hard to believe, is this just because you are auditioning
your realtime input directly through the sound card? Because no software
can process audio input and output a modified version without latency. Try
playing through a plugin in realtime in protools or dp, I suspect you will
notice a latency. If not, maybe you should be translating your pd patches
into audio unit plugins, but I strongly suspect you will notice a latency.

jack_delay, AKA jdelay: author's homepage is http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/