[PD] pdpedia and spam

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 19 05:12:50 CEST 2009

I do have ssh access to the wiki server and would be happy to make any
changes that people agree upon.  I am currently running another
mediawiki for Firmata (http://firmata.org).  When the spambots started
slamming it, I switched it so only logged in users could edit it, but
then created a public account and posted that username and password on
the wiki itself, see the bottom of this: http://firmata.org/wiki/Main_Page
   Now there is no more spam.

Ideally that public account would be posted on the login page so its
easy to find.  This system was used in the http://barcamp.org wiki for
many years and worked there.

.hc