[PD] fast cam

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:43:21 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote:

> well, this was on osX, so it was not on my computer.
> i'm using only linux...
> but, quicktime add few sec of latency, so it was not usable in RT.
> we used it only for none realtime stuf + a DV cam for real time.

You might find that to be the case with most high speed cameras.  Above a
certain rate they are intended for slow motion playback later and not real
time use.  Cameras that record hundreds or even thousands of frames per
second use special RAM on the camera to store a few seconds and then
download the frames using network or USB connections.