[PD] fast cam

ydegoyon at gmail.com ydegoyon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 16:39:11 CEST 2009

lluisgomez at hangar.org wrote:

> there is good database for that kind of cameras here ::
>
> The IEEE1394 Digital Camera List
> http://damien.douxchamps.net/ieee1394/cameras/search/
>
> ya ... under linux they are suposed to work all under libdc1394
> http://damien.douxchamps.net/ieee1394/libdc1394/
>
> coriander is nice control software using lindc1394
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/coriander/
>
> also there is unicap, an API that supports dc's
> (http://www.unicap-imaging.org/)
> is Gem0.92 able to use unicap?
> i'm not sure but if it's dc's should work... i never test it ...
>
> me and yves write a very basic implementation of pdp_dc1394 but
> atually it only works with unibrain monochrome cameras ...

you wrote it, me, i was at the coffee shop..
then i integrated in pidip ... but hidden...

but yeh, it's optional in svn/PiDiP
if you install libdc1394 and do a ./configure,
it should compile and you can try it
( as announced, very experimental
and only monochrome )....

but pd-extended doesn't use autotools,
so you can only try it if you compile pidip yourself ...
( hihi, sorry this reminds me of another thread )..

saludos,
sevy