[PD] very small form-factor PC for running PD

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 22:15:38 CEST 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Jaime Oliver wrote:

> indeed, that is what i have, but it's always tempting to go smaller...
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:11 PM, Jaime Oliver wrote:
>>
>> well, i run gem/video analysis on one processor and pd/audio on the
>> other...
>>
>> ah ok, then I'd say get a dual core atom mini-itx with an nvidia
>> pci express
>> card

ah ok.  Well, in that case I'd discourage you from going smaller.  The
via linux drivers blow ... utterly.  I could not get the unichorme
graphics driver to work correctly in Ubuntu and gave up.  The win
drivers work, but the machines are probably not going to be fast
enough versus something with a dedicated gpu.

For audio only, it works.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com