[PD] comment object

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Oct 24 18:54:41 CEST 2009

Andres Ferrari wrote:
> the comment object is not visible inside of a subpatch(with graph on
> parent)...why?
>
> when I create acomment by ctrl-5 this one is visible, but creating a
> comment object with options for size, font and color...this one is
> visible only in a main patch but invisible in a subpatch with graph on
> parent...any idea?

well, a "comment" is a comment rather than an advertising "label" or
whatever.
i guess it is meant mainly for internal documentation of the patch (like
"for unknown reasons these two objects must not be connected if you
don't want a crash").
therefore comment was deemed to be unnecessary for gop.

this could be discussed, but it is hard to draw the line somewhere (e.g.
why are numberboxes shown but message-boxes not? "i like the spaghetti,
why don't connections show up?")

gfamdsr
IOhannes